Monday 25 March 2013

Anna Karenina


Knowing nothing about this film apart from it being a tragedy I entered the cinema ready to ball my eyes out and........ not a tear was shed. 

Unfortunately I've yet to read the book, but I'm guessing Joe Wright's adaptation doesn't do it justice. 


While Joe Wright produces an aesthetically pleasing film with its theatrical style, beautiful dresses and amazing music. My initial reaction was: WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! Numerous revolving scenes and random dances really detract from the storyline, so I spent the first few minutes just trying to concentrate on where we were going. The theatrical-ness (if that's a word) of the film also meant I found it hard to connect with the characters - hence the lack of expected tears. 

But, storyline aside...



PhotoGrid_1364245854867.jpg



PhotoGrid_1364246051976.jpg

The outfits are beeeeeeautiful. 
And you can't help being slightly jealous every time Keira walks out in a new fantastic frock. 




AND the music was also incredible. If you listen to the link below you can see what a wonderful job Dario Marianelli did <3



To do list:
Read Anna Karenina!!!

Vintage Locker

xoxo 







1 comment: